Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Lauds and Gripes and Big Butch Prison Daddy Dykes – Episode 5.3 -- Part 1

So, before the L Word started Sunday night, the girlfriend and I caught the last coupla minutes of this L Word thing right before it. Apparently, L Word held a fan fiction contest and some chick named Molly won it by writing a scene. I was, like, "Whaa ... Chaiken can't even be bothered to write her own show anymore? Fan fiction! Puh!"

Then it started.


I actually feltl my adrenaline ramping up and then I figured out who that little honey in the middle is ... OMG! OMG! Kate Moennig as Kate Jackson! Shane as Sabrina! OMG! Kate Moennig is a TOTAL femme. I had NO idea. Sabrina was NEVER that femme ...

... evah.

Ok, full disclosure -- Sabrina was my favorite angel. In retrospect, I'm not entirely sure if I identified with her or was responding to certain (unintentionally?) coded images:


Let's face it, the only thing missing from that outfit is the crop.

Molly, whoever you are – I love you and your damned fan fiction! Ilene Chaiken – watch and learn!

The whole opening sequence was a little much to take in and then the girlfriend in a panicked, strangled voice says, “Who ... is ... that? Who is that in the glasses?”


My brain tumbled over a few times. “Wait a minute, wait a minute ... I know who that is ... Ahghh!!! It’s Tina! It’s Tina! It’s Tina totally channeling Randy Dean – Yayyyy, Randy Dean!


And maybe a little Roy Orbison, too.


I thought the business with the guns was kinda stupid but who cares?!?! Kate Moennig IS Kate Jackson. Maybe next week will bring a Scarecrow and Mrs. King parody.


If Max rips off his soul patch, he can play the dude. (And what the hell happened to Bruce Boxleitner anyway? He was cute!)

Part 2 to come -- there was WAY too much going on in this episode to handle in a single, lowly post.

No comments: